Recent Reads


 As a new year's resolution, I wanted to read at least 25 books this year. I'm a little behind schedule but hopefully I can catch up by the end of the year. Here are some of my recently read books.


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

The story is about twin girls (Cath and Wren) who are going off to their freshman year of college.Throughout their childhood, they have been super fans of a popular book series. Their bedroom at home is filled with posters and they've even written some popular fan fiction. As they go off to college, Wren starts to leave the fandom behind, while Cath struggles to finish her popular fan fiction story while going through the stresses of college and a sister she feels is dumping her.

I quickly downloaded this the night before we left for Disney as a vacation read. Let me just tell you, the two main characters reminded me so much of me and my own sister. I definitely related to Cath. While I never got too into fan fiction, I feel like I would have if I had read Harry Potter earlier than I did.

Really enjoyed it. Two thumb up.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

Speaking of Harry Potter….

This was a re-read, obviously. I've read this about 4 or 5 times now and I still get super emotional about it each time. We had watched one of the Harry Potter weekends that abcfamily likes to have and I made the comment that the Battle of Hogwarts is so much better in the books than it is in the movie, so then I just decided to read the book again. It was a brilliant choice.


Current read:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I am just starting this, so I can't really say much about it yet. I've heard great things though, so hopefully it'll be a good read. I'll keep you posted. (Plus, the book has a ribbon bookmark. It's the little things that make me excited.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Struggle with Pinterest

pumpkin patch