What I sewed this week- April 24-28

(This post contains no pictures because I'm the worst and didn't take pictures of anything.)

At the end of last year, my mom sent me a link on pinterest for a sewing log. It was basically a way of keeping track of what you have sewed and when and all that. I thought it was a cool idea and good for referencing back if you ever need to make something again. The link she sent me was a paper version, but I think I'm going to keep track here (Lord knows I need less paper clutter in my house right now, although I might put my favorites on paper).

This week I finished working on a couple of bed skirts for someone else. They're for kids' rooms and I think they're super cute. The kids got new bedding, but of course kids bedding doesn't come with bed skirts. So they just bought an extra set of sheets and I made the skirts out of the flat sheet. (For the record, they were flamingo and shark sheets from the Pillowfort range at Target.)

I think I'm officially finished with my alterations for a while. I had slowly been telling people no when they asked. I want to get back into artwork and selling things online, and I never really had the time for either of those because I always seemed to be busy with alterations. Not that that is a bad thing; it helped pay the bills and kept me busy. But it wasn't what I really wanted to do and I was starting to get burned out. So hopefully soon I can start with the art ideas I have formed in my head and get to work opening the etsy/facebook shop back up. (I might actually just go the Facebook route for a while. I haven't figured all that out yet.)

Next week's projects: curtains for my niece and nephew, possibly start sewing on a diaper bag
(next week is pretty busy and we're going to be gone a couple days, so I'm trying to keep it light.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Struggle with Pinterest

pumpkin patch

Recent Reads